After reviewing the past year, I’ve have decided on my goals for the New Year. Breaking it down in several categories, here they are, in no particular order.
1. Have a family over for dinner and games once a month. (I need to get to know people better in my new church.)
2. Lose 20 more pounds and keep going to Weight Watcher Meetings.
3. Remember friends’ birthdays better. (Keep birthday gifts and cards on hand!)
4. Read: In different genres. Six non-fiction/motivational/inspirational books. The Bible in a different translation.
5. Take my vitamins regularly. (I’ve already been accomplishing this one with the help of Gummy Vitamins! YUM!)
6. Leave my Cranky Pants in the closet and wear my Fun Pants more!
1. FINISH EDITING MY WIP!!!!! I will accomplish this before anything else!
2. Learn to write a synopsis.
3. Learn to write a query letter.
4. Enter 3 or 4 contests.
5. Begin AND FINISH the first draft of my next book.
6. Read 3 Writing Craft books.
7. Break the habit of using exclamation points so much. (See #1 Writing Goal)
So there they are--my lofty goals for the year. I am sure I won’t meet all of them, but if I don’t reach for something great, then I will never attain greatness. Not that I want to be great, mind you, but I’d like to feel successful in life.
May the New Year bring you joy and peace. May your fingers fly fast and furious over your keyboards and may God your minds with an abundance of creativity.
Happy New Year, Friends!
Reminder: The NoKiss Blogfest is tomorrow over at Frankie's blog. Sign up to post your almost kiss scene or just go throughout the list to read them.