January 29, 2010
January 27, 2010
January 25, 2010
I was given the Inspiration Award from Jeanette Levellie at Audience of One . Thank you, sweet friend!
I was given the From Me to You - Picasso Award from one of my critters, Courtney Reese, at Work In Progress. I'm supposed to list 7 random facts about me...
- 1. I have to read every day. I can't go to sleep if I don't read at least one chapter of a good book.
3. I do not like to be late and I don't enjoy waiting on others who are late.
4. I have found I edit better with jummy bears by my side and in my mouth.
5. I'm 5'9" and love to wear heels. I don't feel frumpy like I do when I wear flats.
6. I toured Paris in one day. (And I definitely need to go back and do it slower!)
7. I can't stand hair that is not attached to a person. It creeps me out.
1. Worshipping God.
2. My children...silly though they may be.
3. Coffee with fat-free vanilla caramel creamer....YUM.
4. Thunderstorms, rainy days, and clouds in the sky.
5. Reese's!!!! Chocolate and Peanut Butter together is a piece of heaven.
6. Going to the movies, especially with buttered popcorn!
7. My love affair with the written word.
I am going to break the rules and not pass these awards on. Please forgive me. So many of you have these already and truly, you all deserve them! You are awesome!
January 18, 2010
January 15, 2010
January 13, 2010
January 11, 2010
January 04, 2010
I met my husband, John, when I was 17. I had graduated high school, and moved to Houston, Texas to attend a Bible school that was affiliated with his chuch. (His dad was the preacher.) I moved there two weeks before I turned 18.
On my 18th birthday, John presented me with a dozen roses. Well, that was that, and we began dating. We dated for a year and he proposed on my 19th birthday, down on the beach at Galveston. Very romantic. We were married 4 months later, which I know is way too fast!
We have four wonderful children, one beautiful daughter-in-law, and one fat cat.(not so pleased about the cat) We've lived in 2 states, 4 cities, and have been at 6 churches.
Life has been full of blessings and I am forever grateful that God led me to a wonderful man whose laughter lifts my heart, whose faith keeps me grounded, and whose love holds me close.
I will be unplugged this week since my husband is taking me to Eureka Springs, Arkansas to stay in a treehouse! I told him I would leave the laptop at home, but would take a book or two...or three. Here is a link to see the treehouse we will be staying in! The Lofty Lookout Treehouse.
So have fun this week without me. I know I may have withdrawals being away from my laptop that long, but I am looking forward to the rest, relaxation, and being with my best friend in the world.
January 02, 2010
To set it up...Medieval England...Malcolm and Jocelyn were forced into marriage and he is trying to woo her and yet give her room to learn to love him on her own terms. They have just come back from a ride where Malcolm inspected the fields (where he almost kisses her in the stable...my scene from Kissing Day) She asks him to come to the dinner feast and he does. They are seated at the head table in the Great Hall of the castle and his men and other guests are eating at tables around them.
“You complained not once while waiting for me to finish with the field workers.” He shook his head in wonder.
Jocelyn frowned. “You think me impatient?”
Malcolm shrugged. “It seems you have a short memory, my dear lady.” He smiled, as she drew herself up straighter on the bench. She was so predictable. “You forget how you groaned at the slowness of your sword lessons; you whined at each and every delay on our journey to Ramslea; and you heaped your frustration upon me when things did not happen in a timely manner—at least timely in your eyes.”
Malcolm put a finger to the full lips ready to refute his words, and he let his finger trail the edges of her lips. He leaned in close and watched with satisfaction as her eyes grew wide, and her chest rose with the breath she held fast.
“But you surprised me today,” he said in a soft voice. “You said not one impatient word, and you brought me water to quench my thirst.”
His finger moved from her lips and gave in to the temptation to caress her smooth, rosy cheek. “And I have been thirsty of late.”
How he wanted to drink from those lips once again. He watched, captivated, as her lips parted and her teeth caught the crimson swell of her lower lip.
A roar of laughter shook his thoughts free, and he pulled back and blindly grabbed for his drink. He glanced toward his rowdy men and wished he hadn’t. They stared at him with daft grins on their faces, and Ian had the gall to waggle his brows at him.
If he weren’t here at Jocelyn’s request, he’d haul Ian out to the lists and give him a lesson in respect and deference for his lord.
But he was at this feast for her. For his lady.
And now for one of my favorite clips of an almost kiss! Lois and Clark in Smallville have really been heaping on the tension this year! *heaving huge sigh* Enjoy!
So there you go, my contribution to the No Kiss Blogfest! Head over to Frankie's blog and enjoy all the fun no/almost kissing scenes!
January 01, 2010
1. Have a family over for dinner and games once a month. (I need to get to know people better in my new church.)
2. Lose 20 more pounds and keep going to Weight Watcher Meetings.
3. Remember friends’ birthdays better. (Keep birthday gifts and cards on hand!)
4. Read: In different genres. Six non-fiction/motivational/inspirational books. The Bible in a different translation.
5. Take my vitamins regularly. (I’ve already been accomplishing this one with the help of Gummy Vitamins! YUM!)
6. Leave my Cranky Pants in the closet and wear my Fun Pants more!
1. FINISH EDITING MY WIP!!!!! I will accomplish this before anything else!
2. Learn to write a synopsis.
3. Learn to write a query letter.
4. Enter 3 or 4 contests.
5. Begin AND FINISH the first draft of my next book.
6. Read 3 Writing Craft books.
7. Break the habit of using exclamation points so much. (See #1 Writing Goal)
May the New Year bring you joy and peace. May your fingers fly fast and furious over your keyboards and may God your minds with an abundance of creativity.