I have stumbled across a new toy that I am so excited about! It is a new digital scrapbooking software called MyMemories. I wasn't sure I would like it. I mean, would it be difficult to use? Would it take a long time to figure out? Would it produce great scrapbooking pages?
Well, I can answer yes to all of the above! Let me show you a couple of pages I was able to put together.
Now, here's the deal about this scrapbooking software. You can do more with it than just scrapbooking pages. For instance, I was able to use the scrapbooking paper for the background of my blog. I also put together the header for my blog as well.
And...look what I just finished creating, just in time for Christmas! (I made two 5 x 7 cards, because I couldn't decide which one I like better. I'm thinking the green one is cute.
I've had so many ideas popping into my head of things to create. My next project is going to be Christmas gift tags. I could even do them as gifts! I'll blog about them once I get them done.
Check out all the features of this digital scrapbooking software: (from the site)
Full Feature List
MyMemories Suite 3.0 scrapbooking software provides the design tools that will help you to build entire albums effortlessly using one of the many installed templates, or starting your own pages from scratch. This user-friendly software is great for beginners and design pros alike.
- Drag & drop your own pictures, plus page embellishments, backgrounds, imprints, shapes, and page layouts from one convenient sidebar (Resource Gallery).
- Search through library of graphics quickly with enhanced search function
- Pick your canvas size for your scrapbook or craft project
- Align or space elements evenly on a page
- Have precise control of your page design with Zoom
- Add background paper as photo object (from backgrounds dialog)
- Paste in background papers into shapes
- Edit elements individually or in groups
- Edit elements in pixels or inches
- Change colors of imprint graphics and shapes
- Edit elements directly on the with right-click functions
- Rotate elements on a page
- Layer elements on a page
- Zoom-in and out on a page with tools or key commands
- Create your own favorites library of colors and page elements
- Preview drop shadows and mat effects before committing
- Fill shapes with textures or images
- Adjust colors using scrapbook palette, colors imported from images (color picker) and other color libraries
- Build complete calendars automatically with Calendar Tool
- Apply gradients with color palette
- Add mats to your pictures one picture or all your pictures at once
- Apply drop shadows to one picture or all your pictures at once
- Resize, crop, remove redeye, and apply various effects to pictures without ever leaving the page
- Rotate photo within a photo box
- Place photo into a shape
Text & Journaling Features
- Type journaling directly onto your page
- Position journaling around circular and angled shapes
- Find and replace text
- Memory of latest fonts used
- Edit options for uppercase, lowercase, and sentence case
- Word Art Designer feature provides 1-click options to bevel, emboss, add gradients, drop shadows, warp or shape, or paste images into text
- Spell Check
- Sharing wizards help you output one page (or pages) in multiple print and multimedia formats
- Export pages as JPG, PNG or PDF files
- Set defaults for drop shadows and text for your entire album
- Add different shaped album pages into current album (i.e. Import landscape pages into a square album)
- Identify any page element that are off the canvas
- Holding the shift key while dragging an object constrains it to its horizontal or vertical axis
- Locate Albums (File-->Locate Albums) will ask for a directory and then search for albums
- Warn if there are missing fonts when doing a hi-res output
- Export pages to PNG file formats and different quality JPG formats
- Duplicate or Mirror Pages
- Delete a single page or multiple pages at one time
- Layer multiple background papers—perfect for mats, paper strips, frames, and more
- Combine pages from multiple albums—even pages with different shapes
- View your page layouts one at a time, or together as double-page spreads
- Print your pages at home or use built in wizard to make your album into a professionally printed book
- Simplified 1-screen export processes
- Add multiple pictures at once to your layout using the FastFill function
- Burn your creations onto a CD or DVD with better optical device support
- Search functions for all page elements and Resource Gallery
Here is a short 4 minute video about MyMemories that you can view so actually see how it works.
When you are finished with your pages, you can export them as jpeg or png file. You can create movies, DVD's, and even add video to your pages. You can make books, calendars, and more. It is very versatile.
If you want to purchase the software, you can use my coupon code STMMMS5007 and get $10 off the software. Normally is sells for $39.95.
If you still aren't sure, you can download a trial copy HERE and play with it to see if it is something that you could use.
Here is the awesome thing about MyMemories. They are letting me give away a free copy of of the MyMemories digital scrapbooking software! So here is what you need to do in order to enter the giveaway. I'm using a nifty Rafflecopter widget to help me out. The first question is mandatory, the others are optional for extra entries. The winner will be posted next Monday, November 19.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*I was given a free copy of the MyMemoriesSuite for review. This review is my honest opinion. I do get a small commission on any software purchased with my code.