Yeah, it was pretty sad. All worn and scuffed up. But I got busy and primed it.
Then I painted it a flat black.
I had bought some acrylic paint at Walmart, but I'm here to tell you...it was difficult to work with. It took 2 or 3 coats to make it look even halfway decent. I even ended up using Q-tips to make the polka dots because it was so much easier. I found a couple of paint pens and tried those and that did the trick! It was much easier to work with and a lot quicker. After a coat of clear gloss, here is the finished product!
I think it turned out rather cute! Now I need to fix up a cute place for it!